Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services including the following:
- Cervical smears
- Coronary heart disease
- Childhood immunisations
- Child health
- Vaccinations - including flu and travel.
- Smoking cessation
- Minor surgery - the doctors at the surgery perform certain surgical procedures by prior arrangement. Clinics are every 8 to12 weeks on a Thursday afternoon.
- Maternity care - Most of the care for pregnant women takes place in the surgery with our community midwife who will look after you throughout your pregnancy.
- Antenatal clinics - are held jointly by the doctors
- Postnatal checks - carried out 6 - 8 weeks after the baby is born and during the baby clinic held on Thursday mornings between 10:30 and 11:00.
- Family planning - initial appointments are with the practice nurse. Advice is given on all standard methods of birth control including pre-conception advice and emergency contraception. We are a C-card free pick-up centre. For condoms only, no appointment necessary, just bring along your C-card (ages 13-25 only)